HTTP Status Codes
Every request includes an HTTP status code with the result. The status code should examined before the response. In most error cases, the response body will contain an errors JSON document with more details.
Successful status codes (2xx)
- The request was successful.
- The resource was successfully created.
204 No Content
- The request was successful and there is no response body.
Client error status codes (4xx)
400 Bad Request
- The request was invalid or could not be understood by the server.
Resubmitting the request will likely result in the same error.
- Your API key/secret is missing or invalid.
403 No Redemptions
- Content-type: plain/text. Body: No Redemptions to Void. The call is attempting to record a redemption when there are no redemptions to void. Reject this offer at the point of sale.
404 Not Found
- The resource was not found with the given identifier. The response body will explain which resource was not found.
405 Method Not Allowed
- The requested method is not valid at the given URL.
406 Not Acceptable
- The request’s
Acceptheader is not set to
Server error status codes (5xx)
500 Internal Server Error
- The server encountered an error while processing your request and failed.
502 Gateway Error
- The load balancer or web server has trouble connecting to the Koupon Media server. Please try the request again.
503 Service Unavailable
- The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try the request again.
For future compatibility, please interpret the following status code ranges:
- 200–299 as success,
- 400–499 as client request errors,
- 500–599 as server errors